- Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Avalanche Canada Foundation holding virtual fundraiser aimed at snowmobilers
The Avalanche Canada Foundation has launched Braap it UP!, its first online fundraiser geared towards the snowmobiling community. This fundraiser includes an online auction with over $10,000 in prizes, and a prize draw where the grand prize is a brand new Polaris snowmobile!
Braap it UP! runs until Sunday, Oct. 31. There are more than 30 items up for auction, including radios, avalanche airbags, transceivers, guided snowmobile tours, hotel stays, and more.
But the star attraction is the chance to win a Polaris 850 PRO RMK AXYS valued at over $18,000! There are 1,500 prize draw tickets for sale for $50 each. You know how hard it is to get a new sled these days, so don't miss out! We're also giving away six AST 1 or two AST 2 courses for the early bird draw on Oct. 24.
All proceeds from Braap It UP! will help support Avalanche Canada's programs and services. Here's just a few ways Avalanche Canada supports the sled community:
- We provide daily forecasts for almost all popular mountain snowmobiling areas in western Canada.
- We create sled-specific Avalanche Canada Training courses. This includes AST 1 and--coming soon--an updated motorized AST 2 course.
- Our Online Trip Planner includes terrain ratings for popular snowmobile areas in BC, the Yukon, and Newfoundland.
- We have a snowmobile outreach coordinator and produce outreach events and webinars specifically for the motorized community.
- Our field teams are active with the local snowmobile community and take part in local events.
Thank you to all our supporters for donating prizes for this fundraiser.